INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO VOTE:
- Type in your staff / student or RSA-ID number.
- The system will automatically determine if you are registered to vote based on your staff / student or RSA-ID number.
- Please note that if your University ID consists of a 7 digit number, you will need to add a 0 in front of your University ID to make it an 8 digit number in order to cast your vote.
- The system will offer you a choice to receive your One-Time Password (OTP) either via SMS or Email based on your registered contact information.
- An OTP will be created and sent to your registered email address if you click on the email button or to your registered cell phone number if you click on the SMS button. Please contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com or 012 420 3831 should your number or email address not be recognised.
- Please note that when you request an OTP, it may take longer than 10 minutes to be delivered to your registered cell phone number or email address. This will depend on your cell phone carrier network, internet connection or the servers in use during the election period. It is preferred that you use your registered email address when requesting an OTP. If you are still struggling after another 30 minutes to receive your OTP, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 012 4203831.
- Once you have received the OTP, enter the OTP in the appropriate block and proceed to log in. Please note that the OTP will only be valid for 30 minutes, whereafter you will need to request another OTP.
- FOR EACH CANDIDATE, tick one of the three options, YES, NO or ABSTAIN in the VOTE box below the name of the candidate. Please note that the candidates are listed by category under their relevant areas of expertise and experience. Your vote is on the appointability of the candidates to the position. Please note that the candidates are listed in alphabetical order by surname in the three categories.
- Click on NEXT to proceed to the following step or PREVIOUS to go to the previous step.
- The CAST VOTE button is at the bottom of the page of the last candidate. Clicking the CAST VOTE button will take you to the confirmation page where you may review, cancel or confirm your choices. Please note that the system will clear all selections if you click on the CANCEL button.
- You can only cast your vote once. You will not be able to access the system again after you have cast your vote.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO START VOTING FROM 09H00 ON 11 MAY 2021 (TUESDAY) UNTIL 16H00 PM ON 25 MAY 2021 (TUESDAY).
The results on the appointability to Council of the duly nominated candidates and their full CVs will be considered by the Members’ Committee which will make a recommendation to Council. The final outcome of the appointment of Convocation members to serve on Council will be announced after the Council meeting in June 2021.